- Practices will be held twice a week when in season.
- The first practice of the week will consist of developing the player’s individual skills with specific coaches who specialize in each aspect of fastpitch.
- The second practice of the week is generally a team practice; this may involve hitting off live pitching, taking team defenses, learning solutions to certain defensive situations, and so on.
- Practices will take place in Sports Plex West Facilities or fields rented by SPW.
- Special nights will occur which may consist of guest instructors, informative recruiting workshops, and/or player evaluations.
Game Play and College Exposure
- The fall season will be 3 months: August/September/October.
- Register in 5 to 6 tournaments, including college exposure showcase tournaments.
- Player’s recruiting profile information will be on the Iowa Angels Fastpitch website for college coaches to have easy access to.
- Recognition of the Iowa Angels accomplishments will be posted on our Iowa Angels website and social media outlets.
Pitching development will be led by our top-of-the-line pitching coaches: Brittanee Grove and Kelsey Kingery. Together they have evolved their pitching intelligence from various pitching instructors and their own personal experiences which are shown here.
Iowa Angels will also team up with Darren Dubsky who was a men’s fastpitch ASA All-American, national MVP, and recently inducted into the Des Moines Fastpitch Hall of Fame. He has given multiple lessons throughout the years and has signed many pitching clients to different universities such as the University of Michigan and Creighton University among others. Darren currently resides in Nebraska, and will be instructing at Sports Plex West once a month for the Iowa Angels.
Twelve, D1 Sports Training sessions sessions will be included for each individual on the Iowa Angels during the fall season. This is a speed, agility, and strength program that develops the players into an all-around athlete. These sessions can be used at various times throughout the season, but must be used by October 31st. They will not be rolled over into any other type of sessions including lessons, winter/spring skill sessions, or personal training. For further information please see the SportsPlex West website.
Additional terms and conditions as well as costs can be found on the Contract and Cost page.